If you or someone you love has been involved in an automobile accident, you probably know the type of questions that may come to mind right after. You’re scared, you need help, and you’re just not sure where to turn. For many accident victims, the first reaction is concern for their safety and passenger’s safety. Followed quickly by the state of their vehicle. Then, there’s the money to consider. It’s a lot… and it’s okay to have questions.
At G3 Help Me Law, we want you to know you can lean on us for support. You deserve the best attorney and legal team possible, which is why we’re committed to helping you stay safe on the road. Because while we love seeing you at the office, our ultimate goal is to help keep our clients and community safe behind the wheel.
If you’ve been in a car accident and don’t know what to do, or if you simply want to learn a few precautionary pointers, here are 5 Frequently Asked Questions we get from clients after an automobile accident…
1. Could my health be affected later in life?
The short answer… absolutely. In extreme cases (which occur more often than one may think), car accidents can change your life forever. All it takes is one minor mistake by you or someone close to you on the road. From sudden on-set pain that fades over time to chronic pain that lasts a lifetime, car accidents can result in prolonged suffering and health problems.
This kind of pain and suffering is the driving reason for what we do at G3 Help Me. We fight for our clients and their rights every step of the way because we’re determined to get them what they deserve. While it’s important to get our clients fair and reasonable settlements, it’s also extremely important to get them the treatment they need after an accident. We help ensure that happens right away.
2. Do I have a case?
If you’ve recently been in an accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation. At G3, we offer a free, confidential case evaluation to anyone looking for guidance after an accident. In order to determine whether you have a case, we will work with you during the consultation to better understand the accident. Our team of legal legal professionals will review your accident report, injuries, and any other related factors to determine how we can best serve you.
If at any point during your free consultation we believe you don’t have a strong case, we’ll inform you right away. Our goal at G3 is to help get you back to life before your accident, whether that’s by taking your case to court, settling, or saving you further time and stress upfront.
3. How much is my case worth?
More often than not, this is not something that can be determined at the onset of a case. If you’ve been in an accident and meet with someone who tells you differently, please proceed with caution as they may not be entirely accurate.
Many factors, such as insurance coverage, liability, injuries obtained, and permanency, go into determining whether or not you have a case and how much it’s worth. Most claims cannot be accurately evaluated until after you’ve received medical treatment.
4. How much time do I have to claim my injuries after an accident?
In the state of Tennessee, an automobile personal injury claim can be made within one year of the date of the accident. After a year, you may not file a claim to settle with your insurance company, which is a critical step in filing a legal lawsuit thereafter.
Keeping our community safe is our number one priority, so we always like to remind our clients that it’s imperative to seek medical treatment as soon as possible after an accident. Claims can wait, but injuries may become more serious if untreated over time. Please seek treatment sooner rather than later.
5. What’s the process like at G3?
During your confidential case evaluation, you’ll meet with one of our experienced attorneys in person to discuss your accident. All you’ll need for this initial consultation is any paperwork, in which we ask that you be as detailed as possible when filling out.
From there, we follow a simple 5-step process for getting our clients what they deserve. Typically, it looks like this:
- Medical Treatment: If you’ve been injured due to someone else’s negligence, you must first complete treatment in order to get compensated for any pain and suffering.
- Medical Records & Bills: In order to negotiate and settle your case, our office must obtain all paperwork from every medical provider you see. This serves as proof of injuries sustained and will help us get you the financial compensation you deserve.
- Adjuster Reviews the File: Once we’ve received all of your medical records and bills, our office sends them to the defendant’s insurance company. An adjuster is then assigned to review your file and evaluate your claim.
- Negotiation: We promise to fight for your rights every step of the way. During negotiations, we’ll meet with the adjuster to review their highest offer before making a recommendation to you on how to proceed. The negotiation part of the process can take anywhere from a few days to several weeks, depending on your case.
- Settlement or Litigation: If the offers are fair and reasonable, you may choose to settle the case. If you decide on settling, the agreement will be sent to the adjuster right away. If it’s determined the offers on the table aren’t fair or reasonable, a lawsuit will be filed in your case. From there, your dedicated legal team will provide further information on the litigation process and what to expect next.
Are you looking for help after an accident? We’re here to help. Give us a call at (865) 658-4012 to schedule your free, confidential case evaluation today.